PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Landing during cross country time
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2015, 05:34
MitchStick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grumpytroll you really live up to your name cos you sound kind of grumpy, there is no argument and no one is competing with no one, I guess since there isn't an actual definition of the term landing two different Chief flight instructors use their own interpretation of the regs, it's like logging flight time, like canterbury said a lot of people log flight time from the time the engine starts and not collective time i.e. time off the ground.

Silsoe I have my own definition of landing but not an official one.
Since I'm relatively new to the industry I was trying to find out if there actually was a specific definition of the term landing and apparently there isn't so what everyone is saying is just their interpretation and what they think, but until you show me an FAA or EASA regs my question still stand.

It's the same think for PIC experience, the FAA states that to carry passengers I need three take offs and three landing within the preceding 90 days, so according to this all I need is going to the ramp, start the helicopter, pick it up in to a hover, set it down, repeat that 3 times and I'm done right?

I doubt that's how is done but tell me what's wrong with that? I "take off" in to a hover than I "land" back on the ramp.

I think the simple answer is that some regs are just open to interpretation, (unless someone comes up with an actual official definition of take off and landing) because helicopters operate in a different way than fix-wings.