PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Officer IQ Requirements
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2003, 10:01
MAVERICK 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capt Stephen Hawking,

Ok here we go! Firstly apart from being a complete loser you obviously have never worked in the airline industry or you have worked since the Wright brothers. I was self-sponsored at <b>the</b> renowned school. Of which, I paid entirely for myself with NO selection. I got a job with <b>the</b> major airline within 6 days of graduation, with nothing other than 'A' Levels and 19 years on this planet. 6 years on ... I have been enlisted to management plus flying the pride of our fleet. I don't have a degree. I was accepted as a pilot by the RAF when their were only two places going (confirmed by RAF OASC) but decided to turn it down for family circumstances.

However, enough $hit. My point being I am NOT academic. However I am nonetheless very successful.
Over the last six years I have flown with incredibly academically qualified cabin crew who seven times out of ten have a degree (in things other than "cake decorating") some of which with PhD's. If you think that it is not pure talent plus motivation that equals a good airline pilot then it proves the airline selection sorts out the rest, if not the 6mnth sim checks do.

Your post therefore indicates that you have never flown an aircraft above 50 tonnes in your life. If you have then your airline needs to get you in for some CRM training.

Waiting for your response Capt. S Hawkings?!