PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B787 - LGW based
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2015, 16:07
JaxofMarlow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I already had in my previous post JS. But then you cap it off with "As they should be (management smashing the work force into submission). That should be one of the main goals of management. The days of companies striving for a happy, well motivated workforce are long gone. People now (and not just in aviation) are just grateful to have a job. Therefore, management would be mad not to do absolutely everything that they can to drive down employee conditions. A cowed workforce unable to fight for their conditions (and unwilling to do anything to effect change) is a wet dream for management and shareholders.

If you really think this is how successful companies are built then good luck to you. I hate to imagine what sort of "manager" you will be but I know with your attitude you will not survive.

There are many reasons for the decline in aviation as a satisfying and stable career and you quite rightly point out many of these. Top of the pile is greed followed closely by stupidity. But to claim that these are desirable characteristics of management today is frankly very sad for someone who is seeking a management career elsewhere.

I have first hand experience of a UK company where its management thought it was invincible and could do what it wanted. It rewarded greed and shut its eyes to the legality of actions for the sake of profit. At one stage not that long ago it was the biggest company in its field in the world. Now, it is an apologetic joke desperately relying on the loyalty of severely depleted staff to dig it back to acceptability.