PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B787 - LGW based
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2015, 14:35
zeddb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everyone knows the glamour is gone, now as soon as the pay is gone too do you seriously think people are going to be lining up around the corner to take out a £100k+ loan to do an unpaid internship for an undetermined amount of time (possibly over ten years) only to then end up with a salary of 40-50k working your ass off with unsociable hours and the total lack of any stability?
I'm afraid that they will. Just look at the number of "cadets" lining up to pay vast sums to Ryanair or CTC or any of a number if these "schemes".

A lot of these spoilt little just want to be able to put themselves on arsebook or twitter wearing a pilot uniform. After two years they get bored then go and work in daddy's business when they realise that it isn't actually as glamorous as they think and that they might have to wait a while before being called captain.

Anyone who thinks there is little desire to do this job and little conception of what it actually entails should have a look in the "interviews and sponsorship" section. The lemmings are falling over themselves to give away their parent's money and if the rest of us get shafted as a result, what the hell do they care?

They don't and management are laughing all the way to the bank.

This should have been stopped about twenty years ago, but, as usual, pilots refuse to stick together, preferring to wave their around at each other and so nothing happened.

Fat too late now. JS is right to get the hell out. I wish I could.