PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - non-Pilot DFO and non-Pilot GMA
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2015, 11:43
Shutterbug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a thread on the pilot background of the DFO and GMA, or rather, lack of, and has quickly degenerated into another thread slagging off the new hires.

@BillytheKid

Oooooh, I dunno Bill... one is basically an apprenticeship position and the other is arguably the top aviator slot in the corporation. You think those are comparable challenges? I've never heard of a leg general take charge of the 82d Airborne Division, wake me up when it happens. Plenty of leg 2d LTs come into jump school though. Everyone seems to grasp the difference.

@Anotherday

LMAO. You make it sound like you conducted a scientifically validated double-blind survey for a peer-reviewed academic journal. It's funny too... cause the SOs I talk to have plenty of passion for the job. They're doing the best they can with a ****ty situation. CX doesn't have a fleet of twin props puddle jumping the regional islands where they can cut their teeth. And it's not exactly like Hong Kong is endowed with copious amount of free space and open skies for recreational flying. I can tick off nearly a dozen and more SOs off the top of my head I know have plowed down money on private flying lessons or to get a license or who fly off-duty in the States or Oz. Seriously... who you talking to??????

@Chinabeached

I have no clue what medical students do or don't do but I know that 1Ls go to work in legal offices assisting on major cases within months of their 1st semester in law school. But seriously... are we blaming the junior officers for creating this environment? Or are we lamenting bad parenting? I'm not quite sure where all the frustration toward the junior crew comes from. They didn't create the world they're. Arguably... their seasoned and more experienced colleagues might want to do some soul searching on that.

We all know where Swire's priorities are. And it's not the expertise and well-being of their flying professionals. That should be obvious.