PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B787 - LGW based
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2015, 16:26
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
john smith

"I'm afraid your analogy doesn't work. Aldi and Lidl are two of the highest paying graduate employers in the UK (Aldi is officially the employer with the highest published graduate starting salary). They pay their checkout staff more than the "established" supermarkets too. Why do they do it? Because they need to attract the best people. Again, there's absolutely no incentive for airlines to do so."

Not so many years ago Ryanair paid top shilling to attract pilots to go, and stay, there , rather than have them fleeing to the Orange Mob (at that time operating the same type)

If the career of Supermarket Manager becomes so attractive, more will want to do it, and more competition amongst potential employees opens the door to . . . . .? give it to someone who will accept less.

Sorry to say, but managing a supermarket is not rocket science. I know how much you seem to enjoy coming on here talking down our profession as "semi-skilled-labour" , but really, pray tell me how being a "rising star" in the league of supermarket managers pans out then ?
You are employed at a particular site , where is your influence there ? if it is well placed geographically fine, if not ? you going to have the new by-pass rerouted to pass the door ? I don't think so.
You stock the products that your marque chooses , any influence there then ? nope don't think so. People like the products you sell, prices you charge ? yes, you have a successful franchise under your mighty rule, no ? it flops.
I find it rather difficult to comprehend how being in charge of a one dimensional building, open only during civilised hours, in some way equates in any form to a shift in the vein of what Mr Gammon Flaps has quoted, but then, I wouldn't as I am not a Troll who spends his time on an internet forum titled "PROFESSIONAL PILOTS rumour network", talking down the profession of pilot, or are you just trying to accustom us (and yourself) to the harsh realities of the current world we live in, which will also affect your beloved high-flyers currently managing Supermakets in due course.

I guess that would account for our differing levels of comprehension in the responsibilities/risks of store manager versus aircraft commander :roll eyes: Or is all that matters to you how much the individual in charge of a superstore can claim (with as previously explained, very little influence /intervention on his/her part ) to have passed through the tills on a busy Saturday afternoon. If so, I suggest you hang up any jacket with stripes on the sleeves in your profession & swop it for a grey suit/grey personality.

Last edited by captplaystation; 29th May 2015 at 16:36.