PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What was the Tornado GR1's flight handling like?
Old 27th May 2015, 12:35
Obs cop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the help folks.

Yes you are right that I am looking at a computer model for a home sim.

The difficulty I have is that all I can currently get hold of is the document I have linked to. Whilst quantitative, and by default very valuable as a resource, it doesn't really tell me much about the experience.

Courtney, John, I agree entirely but sadly I have no resources or information covering flight test data such as pitch rates or even roll rates. I fully appreciate the difficulty of transferring experience, and thus subjective information, into a useable quantitative form of data, but all one can hope for is to convey that experience in a very limited sense and to the best of one's abilities.

I'm obviously not looking for the depth of information pertinent to a high fidelity real life training sim, but to the same extent, I'm keen to at least try to see something which doesn't behave like a 737 with some different performance numbers plugged in.

I am obviously neither a test pilot nor an engineer, but I am always hugely grateful for any help people can offer,

Thanks,
Rich