PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type rating 500 hour & LPC requirement
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2015, 00:26
aless85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My reply from CAA UK

Hi

I am on the same page, my Licence is an ICAO with 737-300 SIC rating.

You have to do an Licence Skill Test not a Licence Proficiency Check, till today I do not know what are the main differences during those 2 test.

Here is a copy paste from the email sent to me from the CAA UK.

Hope It Helps!!

I refer to your email below. Please accept my apologies for the delay in replying to you.

There is provision in the EU Regulations for a rating held on a 3rd country (non-EU) licence to be added to a Part-FCL licence and to be used to fly aircraft of that type that are registered in the EU.

The requirements may be found in Annex III to Regulation 1178/2011. This is reproduced, together with other information in our publication CAP 804, which is on our website at:

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP%208...ept%202014.pdf

Section 4, Part Q of CAP 804 includes the following:

(1) A valid class or type rating contained in a licence issued by a third country may be inserted in a Part-FCL licence provided that the applicant:

(a) complies with the experience requirements and the prerequisites for the issue of the applicable type or class rating in accordance with Part-FCL;

(b) passes the relevant skill test for the issue of the applicable type or class rating in accordance with Part-FCL;

(c) is in current flying practice;

(d) has no less than:
(i) for aeroplane class ratings, 100 hours of flight experience as a pilot in that class;
(ii) for aeroplane type ratings, 500 hours of flight experience as a pilot in that type;
(iii) for single-engine helicopters with a maximum certificated take-off mass of up to 3 175 kg, 100 hours of flight experience as a pilot in that type;
(iv) for all other helicopters, 350 hours of flight experience as a pilot in that type.

For any skill test for a UK-issued Part-FCL CPL or to add an IR (including a CB IR) to a UK-issued licence the applicant must book the test via the CAA Flight Test Booking Service, using the following e-mail address: [email protected].
Examiners for the skill tests must be designated by the UK CAA in accordance with Information Notice IN-2014/110 for UK examiners, or IN-2014/114 for non-UK examiners:http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/Informa...ice2014114.pdf
Prior to any Skill Tests (CPL or ATPL ), the examiner must notify the CAA by contacting [email protected].

The type rating endorsed on the licence will be B737 300-900, without restrictions attached.

We will need your original logbook and copies of your ICAO licence and validating medical certificate signed by a UK examiner of Head of Fleet.
The forms required are SRG1119A, SRG2199 and SRG1158: List of Flight Crew Licensing Forms | Publications | About the CAA.
A copy of your UK licence is also required.

As you already hold a multi pilot type on your ICAO licence, you do not need to hold a valid ME to add the B737 to your UK licence.

You need to do differences training to go from B737 300-500 to 600-900 so you cannot complete the test on a 800 FFS.