PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2015, 06:04
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
hunter ace

I only got as far as the first assessment day at LHR last time...I wonder what has changed...BA desperation perhaps?
Anybody got any ideas?
Yep..just about every pilot in BA knows what's gone on (and it's been mentioned by others in earlier posts), it goes roughly like this:

1. Once upon a time work coverage was getting tight but rather than recruit in large numbers some in management convinced themselves that this shortfall was down to the pilots being lazy or inefficient. They thought they could avoid costly recruitment of costly pilots if they could get rid of significant elements of the scheduling agreement.

2. Management succeeded in getting rid of significant elements of scheduling agreement ....however...

3. Now it seems the cunning plan hasn't fixed things and with an increase in the flying programme, new aircraft deliveries and retirements starting to pick up they're now really really struggling to cover the work and they've got themselves on the back side of the drag curve, so to speak. There's little if any flex left in the system but in any event they start asking for the likes of sell back of leave (but many full timers are ringing the 900 hour bell so that just kicks the can a few months down the road..) ask Part Time pilots to give up days off, and also it seems they are going back into the market place urgently looking for DEPS who they can fast track through the recruitment process because they were needed yesterday - which is where you come in.......

SinBin

Tell you what, if you've genuinely found a solution to FA I'd patent it, bottle it and sell it.... hope it continues to work for you.

Last edited by wiggy; 22nd May 2015 at 07:39.