PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Actual BA Pay
Thread: Actual BA Pay
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2015, 02:12
Cliff Secord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What an arrogant bloody post.

Why wouldn't Jet2 be a career airline for someone? They maybe to some. The only thing I can think of is security and declining terms, but are you immune? Bidline/PP34??? Will it stop? No it won't. You know if they were perceived to be as secure as BA are perceived to be secure, I'd certainly look at less money for half the hours and a command in 5 years for 400 hours with 100k plus.

Money/variety??? Ha! You can keep your money. In fact if I were younger the only reason I'd apply to BA is the security. The lifestyle sounds crap. Also what sounds crap is the grating self entitlement that permeates from anyone posting on here from BA crushing anyone that dares to post that BA isn't a golden goose - bar a few grounded souls. I couldnt listen to that day in day out. Do you honestly believe your own crap smells better? I'll give you a clue, no one on the ramp these days looks at you swanning around and says "what guys, heroes". It's generally bemused smiling at the arrogance and a feeling that we wouldn't fancy it due the hours. And further still, laughter that some of you still swan around as if money and a hat were like some sort of answer to anything in life. Yes at the moment those of you up the tree may have it good on bids but I bet it won't be like that if someone's joins in ten years.

I fly long haul for a supposed top carrier that has plenty of variety. At my years you can keep variety. I'm not too arrogant to hold my hands up and say I'd jack in flying a fat arsed wide body 4 engines jet for a regional if I find someone willing to give me a go and I got to garden more, ride me bike and spend time with my misses. I think the UK flying industry is on a never seen before cusp where many pilots are finding at the other side of the rainbow there is no all round pot of gold and the best balance (as low as it may be and declining) was the job they jacked in flying for the likes of commoners like Jet2/Flybe. It's all on the slide.