PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2015, 14:59
VJW

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
Not sure I'm being touchy mate, that's how I took it, and I'm sure that's what you meant anyway- otherwise what is the point of your post, other then to state the obvious? It's called supply and demand, it has an effect on 'standards' as you put it all the time - at least in a lot of other airlines. Perhaps that's what you meant, that BA's recruitment process is always of the same standard and doesn't change, however it was different last year to 2010, so not sure that's true either. It's not like BA are changing their minds on their initial assessment of the person, as far as I have read, people are having to be retested....just sooner then the original 12 months. Hardly worth someone in BA already commenting about the standards are changing, based on what you've said I assume you are in fact happy that the standards are perhaps increasing? That maybe finally, they're using some common sense?

On the flip side to, 'We all know some very capable pilots that have not passed BA's selection process,' I guess we also know some useless ones pass?!