PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2015, 14:12
Juan Tugoh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Juan Tugoh but are you implying the hundreds of guys/gals that don't get through the hoop jumping are incompetent flight crew, or at least of a less standard then those in BA?
No, that is not what I said, nor did I imply it. If you wish to feel touchy about it that is your affair.

What I was implying and or saying is that if BA reject someone - for whatever reason, and then change their mind in order to fill spaces because the schedule is falling falling apart as they have insufficient pilots, then commercial pressure is affecting standards.

I make no comment upon the validity or the worth of those standards. We all know some very capable pilots that have not passed BA's selection process.

Pilots within BA have been telling management they have not had enough pilots for several years. Management blamed all the crewing woes on Bidline, which was then destroyed with BALPAs willing assistance. Now management can no longer blame BLRs and it is still bloody obvious that there are not enough pilots; the desperation is becoming increasingly obvious.