PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL-H +IR+ATPL Exams
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2015, 11:45
SMOKESKI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, sorry I know this is an old thread....

So I am just about to take my Mod 2 ATPL (H,IR) exams, the last 6 of a total of 14. Presuming I pass these like I did Mod 1 (August 2014) am I right in saying that I will then have 36 months to complete my IR training?

And if I do NOT gain my IR within that time my theory exam credits last for 7 years after the date of my last type rating, but will only be under ATPL (H) VFR?

Am I right that once I have passed the theory exams and completed and passed my CPL (H) training and Skills test this summer, even after the 36 month IR deadline lapses I will have CPL (H) indefinitely.

The reason I am wondering is when I decided to go ahead with the theory exam I thought I might aswell do the ATPL (H,IR) so if I either get the opportunity or have the money to pay for an IR I can go ahead and do the training. Paying for it myself is looking highly unlikely and getting a company as a low air time pilot to pay for it is never going to happen. I obviously still want to work as much I as can (Charter, Instructing and so on) to gain hours.

Essentially what I need to know is if my IR 36 month deadline lapses will I have to retake any of the theory exams to continue working in a CPL (H) VFR capacity?

Sorry for the long reply

Thanks for advance any help....