PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Moth Crash
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2015, 03:40
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From a legal perspective I agree, Not Guilty was an appropriate verdict, but that does not mean he should also escapes taking any responsibility for the accident. Bad choices were by this pilot on the day of this accident and indeed even before that. I am sure he is very regretful for the distress that has resulted from this tragedy and he has already paid a heavy personal price.
I've thought about this, and agree with BPF. I still think of a friend of mine, an experienced pilot. He is not regretful for the distress he caused (at least in this life) and it was a LOT of distress. I helped lift him out of his crumpled 150, after his low level goofing around. His stop was fatal. The only good thing, it was a solo flight. I used to goof around in my 150, he was coping me. I stopped it. I'm not the first person to lift a dead friend from his crashed plane, just another person who did it. And he's not the only friend I've lifted dead out his wrecked plane, just a really good one....

Would all of us fly as though we were carrying each others loved ones in the plane with us? Fly unto others as we would have them fly unto us?

I took my 11 year old daughter's best friend for her first flight the other day. I thought it was very boring, other than the total smile on her face.