PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Moth Crash
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2015, 20:42
India Four Two

Received 75 Likes on 46 Posts
There are clearly two differing points of view about this accident and new information about the trial is appearing in some of the posts. As I said before, I would like to read the transcript of the trial.

At least one poster has cast aspersions on the veracity or completeness of the AAIB report. My view is that the report is quite reasonable and that I find it very credible.

Concerning the assertion by the pilot that the rudder was jammed, I find it remarkably coincidental that it happened in exactly the same location as a low-level loop on the first flight. A friend of the pilot and passenger was watching during the accident flight - the report does not make it clear if the friend observed the first flight.

... and a loop at about 1,200 ft agl followed by a descending turn to the right at 2,330 ft/min, from 1,000 ft agl down to a height of 410 ft agl, near Witchampton. This loop was performed on a north-westerly heading, into the prevailing wind, and was started within 20 m of the position of the subsequent accident site