PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Moth Crash
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2015, 16:03
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
did you not read what Legal approach said?

I suggest something very muddy was made clear.
Yes, I read what Legal approach said. Unfortunately the statements have not found good footing with me.

I read a lot of conflict between reported court "information", and the AAIB report. Honestly, I don't find accident investigation authority reports to be glaringly wrong in my experience. Small errors, or interpretations, yes, but not huge errors.

I have no information about this event, other than that which I have read from PPRuNe. My interest in the event goes no deeper than a wish that pilots learn from accidents, so they are not repeated.

I read conflicts - even from the pilot himself, as to a loop being intended or not during the accident flight. I simply do not accept that a pilot intended to fly two separate flights with two passengers, looped the first, and had an accident doing what some people report as being a loop, in the same place, while asserting that he was not attempting a loop during the second flight. It does not ring true with me....

By all accounts, the pilot's experience to loop any aircraft was very limited (and by Canadian regulations would not even be close to meeting the minimums for experience - but I know it was the UK, perhaps it's different there). By all accounts, whatever incipient aerobatic maneuvering occurred, it was not entered at a minimum required entry altitude for aerobatics.

The AAIB report is clear, the proceedings seem to make it un clear/call it into question, without in my mind, presenting credible alternative information.

If I were the custodian of the aircraft, and "dealing with" the aftermath of this accident, the information presented thus far, outside the AAIB report, would be inadequate for my to absolve the pilot of responsibility. I am open to there being more that I do not know, which might - but I have not seen it yet....

I continue to feel that the pilot bears responsibility for at least poor airmanship, though more likely for flying an aircraft outside the specified requirements for aerobatics.

Last edited by 9 lives; 13th May 2015 at 16:51.