PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Moth Crash
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2015, 00:11
Pilot DAR

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts
Thank you for your patience,

I have been provided two links to news stories:

Tiger Moth pilot Scott Hoyle not guilty of manslaughter after fatal crash (From Bournemouth Echo)

and:

Tiger Moth biplane death crash pilot Scott Hoyle not guilty - BBC News

It appears that there may be more to this case than would appear on the surface. Commenters are asked to keep this in mind when they formulate their posts. Please choose your words as though a victim might be reading them - hotel lobby rules please. I would like to think that we could all shake hands following the discussion, as respected colleagues. But, in any case, the Mods are watching!

This was a sad event, which none of us would want to experience first hand. I would like to think we can demonstrate some compassion for the victim, and the pilot, in our discussions. But, this is a worthy topic for discussion and learning, that we all be reminded of the need to do our best to imagine what could happen, and apply ourselves toward the best outcome for every flight we fly.

We will see differing points of view posted, I hope we can all agree that we can learn something no matter what our perspective, and each do a little better when we fly.

Please note, I have moved one post from earlier today, which now resides at the end of the previous page of this thread (that's just where it landed, and I can't change the order). Please consider that post too...

The discussion is open....

Last edited by Pilot DAR; 13th May 2015 at 00:17. Reason: To point out the moved post.