PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age 60 rule status?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2003, 14:13
dudly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carbon Life Form, my brother in law spent about 16 years on the engineers seat and then 3 or 4 more on the second pilots seat before making first pilot. I never heard him complain once. He once told me that the main requirement for getting senior was your birthday and the state of the economy when and if you got hired. Getting hired in the time frame he did was also quite a feat, not at all like getting hired in the 80's or 90's when massive amounts of pilots were retained.

You state that you do not deserve to have your aspirations and what you "TRULY DESERVE" put on hold. Thats quite an arrogant statement from someone who was hired at an inexperienced 23 years old. My brother in law also told me that the only pilots that get truly senior are those inexperienced youngsters hired at 23 but at the start of a hiring boom. The more experienced older aviators that get hired have a much shorter career and less senior career and are outlasted by the youngsters.

I think this is really a generational thing. The younger generation has this sense of entitlement that I have never quite understood.
If you want to place blame on someone, don't do it on your fellow aviator, but place it on your parents for your birthday and whoever is leading the country for the state of economic affairs.

This goofy trip we call life is so very short, maybe you should relax and enjoy it before it is over. I would also like to add I hope the state of the economy turns around quickly and that you regain your first pilots seat.

Good luck.