PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizz Air MPL - CTC
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2015, 15:24
FlyingStone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thoughts
Pay £109k, work for Wizz earning €18k (£13k-basically UK minimum wage), live somewhere you have never heard of and can hardly point to on a map (not necessarily a bad place to live but not the UK near family etc), regularly waking up at 3am, -20C.
While I agree that paying 100+ k€ for CPL/MPL training is insane and should qualify one as mentally unfit to fly, you should be aware not everybody is/was lucky enough to land their first job at likes of BA, LH, AF, etc.

And while Wizz Air doesn't pay in gold, you don't need to put anything upfront for the type rating (compared to almost 30k€ in RYR) and you get to fly new A320s a lot (900h/year), which means your options to go somewhere else open significantly in couple of months/years. And as mentioned before, there is nowhere written that this is a commuting contract. If you want and you are able (time-wise and financially) to commute, fine - nobody will stop you.

Forgive me for saying this, but I think many people from UK have this condescending view - comparing capital cities of Eastern Europe to the likes of North Korea, Africa, etc. I would really like to know what "living by Western standards" means though. Please explain, so we can be enlightened as well.