PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - jetairways b737 job
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2015, 12:46
NGFellow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Contracts can be amended to suit the company. The FATA issue has been going on for the longest time and if they really need you, it will be extended. Having said that, don't go to India thinking it's a long term proposition, even though it might turn out that way. Don't believe everything you read in the papers about the deadline for foreign pilots. Captains are still needed because of growth. 9W generally has a very good reputation compared to others. I haven't heard any horror stories about training etc but you will find that your check-rides may not be as predictable as what you may have been used to. If you generally have a good attitude, you will have no issues. It's the guys who come on board trying to challenge and question everything because they did it better at brand X, get shown the door. My experience in India with another brand X was overall a positive experience. You can opt for housing allowance and get your own place instead of staying in a hotel. Also I don't think Mumbai is the only base of 9W. You can request others if they are available and the cost elsewhere will be much cheaper.