PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who wants to fly at SAA?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2003, 15:07
saywhat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In response to flyboy6876, Affermative Action is by it's very nature there to exclude some in order to try to as our government says level the playing foeld. I personally do not agree with the principle, as I feel that it is no more fair that what the previous government policy was.

The reality is however, that we in this country must accept the policy as it is being enforced, as nothing that we do will change the laws that have been written. I know that it is easy for me to say that, as I am employed by SAA, but the same applies to all organizations inside and outside flying. We still live in the greatest place with the greatest people, and are very fortunate in the flying fraternity that ALL pilots still need to have a pilots license.

I do feel for all those who are batteling to get in, but from my very limited experience, it seems that SAA will need more pilots that AA will be able to provide.

Hang in there and remember that there is at least no more age limit for joining.

One more point, if you are reading this, and you have not updated your CV, there is no time like the present.

Fly safe