PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2015, 19:18
CAT3C AUTOLAND

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ladies and Gents,

Joining BA as a junior pilot, you will find yourself in blind line territory, so you can put in preferences for the trips that you want, however on saying that last month I noticed a hell of a lot of junior guys on trip lines.

I typically find myself with anything from 11 to 15 days off a month, depending on leave duty free weeks etc.

Trips now range from single day trips, to 5 day trips if that is what you desire. There appear to be more and more 4 sector days kicking around, with early reports and late finishes.

Night stopping these days will provide you enough time to go out and about if you would like to go and see the cities. However, there are rumours kicking around that IAG are looking to change hotel locations, mainly airport hotels.

Yes there is an electronic swapping facilities through the intranet and one bid line program. The beauty of this system is there is so much uncovered work you often find yourself with the ability to re-write your own roster if what you get on a blind line doesnt suit you, and it always gives you options to pick up overtime if you would like to earn extra bunce.

I personally, am enjoying BA I have been there 3 years, its a great place to be, with lots of options and is a stable environment. Even in the time I have been there there has been lots of movement and change with commands, guys moving to long haul, new routes, new aeroplanes.

Hope that helps.

All the best.