PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - THY 20% increase 777/330 for 70h per month
Old 30th Apr 2015, 10:48
furbpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
De Facto I don't recall anyone saying anything generally negative about Turkey or its inhabitants but I don't spend such a lot of time here may be I'm wrong. Sure is that the THY sample, that is the one expat pilot came in contact with, whilst not representative of the whole population (for its peculiarities and often background) and furthermore with a large ( but still a minority ) number exception, has often not really given, one way or the other, a positive impression and this is now effecting THY reputation as an employer, and may be, in part at least , also the perception of Turkey . The responsibility sure lies on the management or lack of thereof. Having said this, adding present T&Cs and falling TRY I see it hard to find the right candidates..if not those out of options one way or another. Many I hear are considering leaving..even Turkish pilots which is something to the aforementioned management should really ring a bell. A radical change of attitude and a substantial improvement of T&C with some ( limited in time in order to settle down may be? ) benefit for expat , whilst costly in the beginning, will save THY money in the end and attract competent and experienced pilots on all seats to help THY becoming a real international carrier...Messi is not enough . Just my two cents.