PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Expat Chinese jobs.
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2015, 19:35
chinafly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is what I just posted on the Far East forum about China Southern:

Guys who joined 8-9 months ago still have not had a check so are still languishing on training pay and stuck in China.....

These are the black and white facts that people should know about CSA:
  • It is an incredibly difficult job to get (takes about 2 weeks all in all of vacation time)
  • Mind bending bureaucracy
  • Extremely long, poorly organised training - up to 1 year.
  • The real risk of not going home at all for the first 2-3 months at the start of training. How would your family cope?
  • Once in line training, only getting 5 days at home per month after commuting, for the next 8 months or so of line training
  • Blocked from going home even a few hours early, even if it means you will miss a fight and lose a whole day or two of your days off. If you have rest days 1-2 days before your days off - tough! Those "rest days must be taken in Guangzhou before you can go home for your days off. Punitive in the extreme!
  • The crap shoot if the purser will "allow you" into business when positioning
  • Poor training pay during all this time.
  • Having to pay for the cost of hotel after first couple of months - taken from your low training pay.
  • No bases as promised
  • It is essentially a cruise pilot job
  • Many of them smoke in cockpit
  • Poor/no quality of nit picky trainers
  • 3-5 day roster only
  • Constant schedule changes - even up to a few hours before the flight......
  • Russian roulette with medical
  • No job security
  • A regressive punishment culture
  • You are unable to change job in China unless released to do so by CSA.......

Did I miss anything?

I heard that applications for the job had dropped off massively........ I wonder why???