PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CI400
Thread: CI400
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2015, 09:52
170to5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Avid

Not particularly intelligent thinking, in my opinion.

1) If they get one more trip from you per year, they will not pay you more. This means that per sector you are earning less and by extension, you do not feel that your services are worth what you are being paid now. Do you feel that you are being overpaid now? I do not. I feel like I am earning the absolute minimum that I am willing to work here for (of course that is perfect for EK, it's what they want). That includes the major inconvenience of having to live in Dubai, a long way from home, both physically and culturally - as for most of us.

2) You may not be quite as happy to plough through that fuel if the outcome is that next year PS comes around and the excuse for getting zilch (there will be a few to choose from, of course) is that fuel costs have skyrocketed. Only pilots and some (hopefully most) engineers will understand exactly why and we're not a majority...

My theory is to fly my 900 hours in the absolute minimum days possible. We all saw the WSJ article, the truths in it mean that I have no reason to give these people any more than my absolute minimum - they give me nothing more than theirs.