PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizz Air MPL - CTC
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2015, 20:58
tcm13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RedBullGaveMeWings hmmmm....

All talk and no experience it seems... The MPL is a great course and is the most relevant to airliner flying which is what 90% of pilots who graduate aim to do- with this being the case why not introduce multi pilot ops in the early stages of training and on jet simulators? In those 90 hours of flying real aircraft they will be at the same if not to a better standard than student taking the traditional route by the end.

And I'm guessing your aiming to be based in Europe when you get a job? Might I suggest that you save some of those 100 hours of "busy US airspace flying" for back in Europe as it will be a shock to to system.

Plastic787 it's a competency based course and they are continually assessed as well as having progress tests along the way. Its hard to compare the Single pilot MEIR exam and the final exam MPL students have to complete but its not easier. They have to do all the same things we had to do on our IR test but with failures and complex operational procedures along the way- I can see where your coming from thinking its easier as its multi crew but as they are assessed on this also they have to have effective CRM skills which can often go out the window in high work load situations if not trained properly, hence the reason why its introduced so early on.

Any way thats my 2 cents!