PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Typhoon Display Jet livery.
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2015, 19:01
MAINJAFAD

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Martin, you missed the sticky-back dayglo somewhere in that list! I still have the remains of a sheet somewhere!
No he hasn't MPM11, as its already been painted on an 'in service' aircraft that actually wore the scheme (see link).

RAF BBMF - The Chipmunk.

Can we have a IX Sqn GR4 in all-over Lancaster colours pleeeeeeeeease?

It would look good (unfortunately I've not got a Tornado profile to the same standard as my Jaguars). The Nose art work of the most famous 9 Sqn Lanc is unfortunately a No-No as far as special paint schemes go due to copyright reasons and I've been told by somebody in the know that the RAF Tornados that have been painted all over Black (A GR 1 of TTTE and and F3 of 43 Sqn) suffered from Solar heating issues under the skin due to the black finish (though there are ways to negate this (which of course cost more money)).

BEagle

The puking cat wasn't my design (they were a few of the original designs due for the last jaguar scheme done by somebody else on a multi layered jaguar profile I did for another project (a cutaway of the original showing some of the different layers is below)). Some of the other ideas had a Leaping Jaguar like the car firm logo (which was not allowed due to the regulations, though Jaguar Cars who helped pay for the final scheme managed to get a Leaping Jaugar on to the air frame (its just below the leading edge of the fin on the port side of the real aircraft)). The Spotty jet scheme was based on a scheme done on a German Tornado for a Tiger Meet and there was a version of the design that used the colours of a real jaguar, though when finished it looked like somebody has poo'ed on the aircraft, hence the orange finish with black spots.