PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2015, 22:09
max_drift

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi folks,

Looking for some advice on whether I should apply. I've done all the usual lists etc, and it can be taken for a given that there would be a financial gain in moving to BA (assuming I could jump through the requisite hoops), but lifestyle is making me have doubts and I'm wondering if there's anyone who has jumped from a similar position would care to share some thoughts.

Currently on a TP with a base in Scottish home town. Happy with the job (mostly), command ready and not a million miles off happening, and both mine and mrs_drift's majority of family and friends living nearby. The money isn't fantastic, and even LHS will still just be TP money, but not starving, and have a reasonable amount of input into my roster. Moving Mrs_D South would have a significant career impact for her and although she likes the idea of a change, I suspect would result in frequent trips north, so really I'm looking at commuting.

Assuming the rules stay the same and I'm not struck down before retirement, I've a smidge over another 30 years of doing this, and the itch to ditch the TP is growing, but the non-flying life is good just now and I'm certain would suffer.

Anybody jumped in and care to share their thoughts/experience?