PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2015, 12:56
bex88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can still bid for lines of work and they are awarded based on seniority. If you are in the bottom 25% then forget it you are on blind lines. Over three years in and since the temporary but now permanent changes came in it's been blind lines for 9 months in a row now.

You can trade trips still but there are now so many restrictions it is very difficult to actually trade without the computer saying no because it's a code L, or a closed day or my personal favourite because there are more than -1 uncovered trips. I am still waiting for the no because there is a y in the day requested.

Since we changed from flying pay to a fixed flight pay allowance CAP has increased substantially. If you do get a trip line you can now be force assigned extra work even if you are above CAP. That Friday you wanted off and got.....na only kidding here is a day trip.

I have flown for three airlines and this one is by far the most demanding of your time. Would I have joined with the benefit of what I know now.......probably not no.