PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Expands International Routes
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2015, 21:18
PPRuNeUser0198

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Standard Unit
What about if Qantas had services beyond SIN from East Coast Australian cities to say, UK and Europe that Perth flights could complex with
Fleet type to do it? Needs a stop in the ME. Bilaterals between AUS and the countries you speak of, also need to be workable, and UAE needs to approve unlimited 5th freedom rights.

There really isn't a need either, since QF can leverage EK metal. It isn't essential to use QF metal. Revenue is still derived with codeshare partners vv.

Originally Posted by Mahatma Kote
I can survive an A320 (Jetstar) and even a 737 (Qantas) for 5 hours but I really don't want to!

They had pretty full loads on the A330 service so why the downgrade?
Isn't the pitch the same on the QF738 and A330? 32 inches (in most rows)? Everything else would be on par e.g. seat / cabin / IFE quality?

A full plane doesn't mean viable yield. You can run a plane full, at a loss, easily. That is the basis of the A330 removal originally. It is a very saturated market, and is way over capacity for the region, blanketed by too many LCC's that are undercutting heavily, and dumping unsustainable fares. Capacity and pricing are irrational. This is clear.