PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dick Smith Party??
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2015, 08:45
Shagpile

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
What's with all the RAAF bashing ?

I'm current serving and also small business owner. Just like any organisation there are good people and others that inhibit progress.

In general, the RAAF has very good people in leadership positions. They are just at the mercy of 'the procedure'. Even CAF recently said if he wants something to fail he sends it through the normal procedure; his answer is 'Plan Jericho' which aims to streamline the RAAF into a 5th gen force and use all the new shiny toys properly. A recent govt review has indicated DMO should be scrapped (or rebadged - let's see where that goes).

As for 'know it all', yes mostly it's just misunderstanding. I've heard some massive misunderstandings. For example nobody knows how to operate a piston engine. Not their fault. The reverse also applies. A lot of people I speak to have no idea what the military does and how complex an 8hr anti submarine sortie can get - it goes both ways. People are good at what they're taught. There are smart people in the RAAF and smart people outside. Just because somebody is taught something different doesn't mean they aren't qualified to run another organisation. Maybe they bring a fresh perspective.