PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL conversion to NZ CAA ATPL
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2015, 16:19
get_involved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am aware that holding Permanent Residency is a per-requisit to working in NZ. My kiwi wife spoke to NZ immigration on the phone and NZ immigration said I can apply for permanent residency while in the United States and once I enter New Zealand on my next visit the P.R. would become valid (bringing with me forms INZ-1000 and INZ-178)

I checked the CAA website concerning where I can obtain a Medical Class 1 for NZ ATPL application. There is a doc in Scottsdale, AZ. Shouldn't be a problem knocking that off the list -- as long as the requirements will allow for corrective lenses? That is my only limitation on my FAA Class 1 medical certificate.

I will get my hands on the Waypoints Aviation Law Exam study book.

I'm still in the dark about the sim ride. Do they expect the applicants to show up with a type on that aircraft already? Or will the give allowances for flying a sim for an aircraft they've never flown before. For example do ATPL applicants inside of NZ (coming from a Air Nelson DHC-8 lets say) get thrown in a Boeing or Airbus sim for the ATPL checkride and just show they can enter a hold, shoot an ILS, etc without having to know the systems/fine details of that aircraft like you would otherwise be expected to know for a type rating checkride?

I appreciate your input NZScion about job prospects. Can anyone here who works for ANZ, Jetstar, VAustralia comment on whether having PIC TURBINE time before applying would be beneficial? Or will already having an Airbus 320 type improve my odds during the selection process for interviews?I'm locked into a company here where having PIC Turbine could be years down the road. IF PIC Turbine is preferred I should adjust my employment here in the US to get that PIC turbine and quicken myself as an attractive candidate for employment in NZ. Or pour all my efforts into getting a job with JetBlue, Spirit, Virgin America, Frontier, etc to get the Airbus Type along with some SIC hours in the airbus.

THANK YOU for helping me navigate this new territory

(fortybelow: check your PMs)

continue#1: Add Content?

Last edited by get_involved; 13th Apr 2015 at 08:59.