PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - THY 20% increase 777/330 for 70h per month
Old 11th Apr 2015, 18:31
foswillruletheworld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

porkflyer thanks for the compliments
Unfortunately i guess this is the curse of the type of B737.
However even for 737 things started to change. There have been a mass resignation wave from Pegasus(you probably know them under the name of Sunturk-the guys always asking for visuals and shortcuts lol ) In 2013 approximately 150 pilots joined THY and all are 737 pilots. So the crewing levels for 737 started getting better and better. Until the end of this year there will be so many 737 pilots in THY that they are going to have to switch their type to either 330 or 777. This is not a confirmed info but my guess.
As the 777 order rates are relatively lower than the 330, i can say many 737 guys are highly likely to be given to the 330 fleet. A320 family crewing levels seems to be fine but i don't know anything about the future of the fleet.

And Kapitanleutnant,
I said that THY would prefer to recruit one more pilot instead of paying the current one overtime. However this is not the company philosophy. THY had a very strong union about 10 years ago and they forced THY to give away many rights for the employees(minimum 8 days off per month where Turkish DGCA minimum is 7, really generous overtime/layover/weekend payments etc.). So this philosophy is the result of the gaines of the union.
However the union is torn apart now by the governing party of the government with a lot of manipulations and corruption like bribery, blackmail etc. So i don't think THY is going to give away more if they can have the enough crew levels.
As EK used to have enough crew levels until last year, they didn't give anything and they are now trying to get their butt together
So if THY was at the same position and with the absence of union and a DGCA who is not even reading the manuals before approving, it would have been a disaster.
So none of the companies will learn not to make budget cuts on the crews unless they face the earthquake within.
By the way, THY catering rules.

As there are rumours about foreign FO's being upgraded i have spoken to a friend who is a 737 captain and assistant of chief of type(i think he started in 777 now). It is true that they upgrade foreign FOs. In addition to that; they have started giving TRI position to foreign captains who are willing to have one if it is ok with the seniority list.

This is my last additional info.

Last edited by foswillruletheworld; 11th Apr 2015 at 18:41.