PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - THY 20% increase 777/330 for 70h per month
Old 11th Apr 2015, 17:05
foswillruletheworld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of course there are some problems in THY.
First of all there are 4 groups:

-Islamic oriented guys(due to THY is under the control of Turkish government and they are really strong in so many ways-would know if following international politics). Mostly don't know what they are doing. Just getting their really big paychecks with a lot of 0's on it and trying to poke people who know what they are doing. They don't like anyone except their own people.

-Ex military guys. Unaware of chain of command in civil aviation. God help civil oriented people if one of them came from general(commander) rank from airforce. They mostly don't like foreigners. In their twisted mind, the foreigners are the people who are taking the salaries of the upcoming military guys who are about to resign. Lack of civil aviation knowledge, some have good handling skills and general knowledge but mostly ignorant. Gets angry pretty quickly, sometimes breaking the CRM. Don't like civilians but thinking they are better than foreigners. Mostly lack of english, however surprisingly mostly holding an ICAO Level 5 or 6 on their certificate, which DGCA rated me as 4

-Civil oriented guys. Mostly well educated and well handling. Some lack of general aviation knowledge but eager to learn. However THy has dropped down the requirements(about the general knowledge in the assessments) for the last 2 years. So the quality of new recruitments are not as before. However still better knowledge than military guys in general. Fluent english. Mostly young(from mid 20's to 30) Good capability of observation and situational awareness. In war with ex military guys who made them suffer for the last 10-15 years. Now getting good positions in the management and paying back their debts(REVENGEEE) to the ex military guys. Generally in good relations with foreigners.

-Foreigners. Generally fluent english and CRM. Sometimes becoming a little cocky and lack of respect(in terms of Turkish style). Getting their paychecks and keeping low profile. Staying away from politics.

So if you are a captain THY might be a really good choice especially if you are a wide body experienced pilot. If FO, you need to bare some sh.t attitude, but still able to maintain your nice flight hours and money.

Just as an additional information: For A319-320-321 fleet, most weekend flights are given to foreigners. I don't know why but they get better paychecks than turkish guys because of this.

And one more thing. Most of the fleets except B737 fly 800 hours maximum yearly(roughly). So for the EK guys who are sick of the company due to all night flights, fatigue and minimum rest in general might look up for THY(if they know the conditions). I don't think it is a very bad choice. And it is alway better to live in a ME country which is slightly infected by European style than a REAL ME country.