PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - THY 20% increase 777/330 for 70h per month
Old 11th Apr 2015, 14:06
porkflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem starts with the fact that there is no real civil aviation in Turkey. The vast majority of pilots are still coming from air force/army/navy and flew anything form F16 to CASA to helicopters. The style, the hierarchic system are still today very much the same.Many times I was asked "what squadron are you on" well..more or less. No leave first year , deduction from salary if sick and absurd related procedures, no money if you don't fly, 20 days max leave after one year , killing roster up to 110 hours per month, minimum days off ending late before your day off and starting early just after the place is survivable just by those that have no alternative.
Still the reason behind this fooked up Bulgarian charter style T&Cs is that of these pilots many would not stand chance if not else for the level of English ( 6 on the license 1 in reality).The remainder by the way is largely made of their sons and new blood is very rare creating kind of a professionally incestuous environment Ethics or meritocracy are unknown words. Only seniority counts. ..and who you know/are related to. Very dangerous in this business. I believe it will take 100 years to change this and therefore I decided not to wait. I still believe that expat pilot will not last that long in THY as they are evidently an anomaly. As said it is good if you are cashing your pension and want to make some extra money flying 777. Do not think of THY as a career move and stay far far away from Turkish narrow bodies .