PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tropic Air PNG
Thread: Tropic Air PNG
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2015, 03:09
Bag of Wabags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh Pilot58, how your post and posts similar angers me. Angers me to the point of joining Pprune after laying dormant for 15 years.
I had the pleasure of working for this fine company for four years. I know the CP, previous GM and CEO as well as anyone and despite not agreeing with them 100% of the time they are stand out human beings, running a very tight ship, and at tight ship not just by PNG standards but by international standard. CASA Australia agree with me also by issuing a FAOC.
When Tropic Air expanded rapidly, about a year ago there was a need for crew and quickly. Three where hired in quick succession and each given 100 hours of ICUS. Now that's expensive and generally not the norm in GA but TA do it all the same to get the best chaps to fly their planes.
So out of these three gentlemen only one made the grade, the other two unfortunately had to be dismissed (maybe you where one of them?)
The pilots that pass a line check on the Caravan with 1000tt at TA ARE as sharp as any pilot out there with similar experience.
Now that's a huge ask for a little company. These guys didn't just live down the road either, they where given work permits, flights to and from their home country, good accommodation and access to company vehicles.

For the young guy looking to join. Mate, you give them a call. If you get a crank and put as much energy into your training as you can, be humble and have a beer with the boys you will have one of the greatest aviation experiences of your life and pop out the other end having a pretty good idea how to tool an aircraft around safely. Good luck to you.

As for you pilot58, you would be best keeping your opinions to yourself as they are a representation of you and not this company.