PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating - B737
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2001, 13:10
Pilot Pete

It all depends on your age really. If you are pushing on in life your best chance may be to take the type rating and then keep hammering on the doors of the 73 operators. Easy have several 'starters' going through type courses every month at present. I used to know an instructor who had 1000+ hours who paid for a 73 rating back in about 1997 who got a job pretty quickly with Virgin Express. He was 39 then!

If you're still young, which I'm guessing you are, why on earth haven't you been pushing the regionals? I know for a fact that British Regional have been crying out for people with your kind of hours on twins to put straight onto the ATP and on to the Barbie Jet within 12-18months. The regionals are desparate due to the 'Easies' of this world recruiting all their experienced(1 or 2 years) F/O's.

So come on, stop wondering if you need to accept or decline this wonderful offer of manner from heaven, get out there and get yourself that F/O seat and use the cash towards and Audi TT!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck(not that you need much more!)

PP