PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where are the good old days ?
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2003, 06:31
keepin it in trim

Apache for HEMS - Strafe those Survivors!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I was lucky enough to have nearly 20 years of flying in the military before coming out into commercial aviation. The aircraft I flew were either built or designed before I was born and, to my great good fortune, I flew with a wide variety of old and bold aviators - most of whom have sadly now retired.

My goodness did I learn a lot about flying! I still try and pass on some of the many gems I picked up from these fine people (sadly I have probably forgotten more than half of it and I probably don't pass it on half as well).

I remember some excellent times seeing the sun come up, watching the northern lights, flashing across a hillside at first light at low level. Going down town overseas mob-handed.

Now I fly for a small/medium commercial operation and I am that little bit older but there is still nothing that quite matches getting your backside off the ground on a good day and really operating the machine to its and your full capabilities.

Remember, these are tomorrows good old days - and when it all comes together, flying is still the Sport of Kings!

Last edited by keepin it in trim; 12th Jun 2003 at 08:15.