PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Difficulty of ATPL exams
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2015, 13:18
Finnpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Almost done with my ATPL theories!!! but this bothers me...

Hello there fellow aviators, and ATPL theory students!

First of all, I did not find a specific thread for these kind of thigns but I hope that this fits in here..
SO:

I am now closing in on the finishline with my theory studies with 4 exams left and currently sitting on an average of 88,75% (hoping to raising it to 90+)
The studies so far have not been too tough on me and I have passed all the tests on the first attempt. But there is this one thing that kind of bugs me and I do think I am not alone with this, or so I hope...

I feel like even though I have passed the majority of the exams and some of them with a bright result, I don't remember everything about them anymore. I do understand and remember the big picture but some details and those tiny things that I remember that the question makers love, just don't come clear as water anymore.
Does anybody else feel the same way and is this something that the airlines like to play around with during interviews or do they care more about understanding the big picture rather than the ability to calculate the mach cone, knowing wavelenghts of radio altimeters or what factors affects the three-/single-phase tachometer, gryo wander rates etc..etc.. I think you guys understand what I'm chasing after here..

Ofcourse I know that repetition is important afterwards and I do plan to revisit the materials every now and then just to keep my knowledge current and competent.

Are there anyone out there that have been/is in this same kind of situation and what do you think of these things?