PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would it happen here?
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2015, 17:43
arkmark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snakecharma -- I think it's rather obvious if someone is down the back as you say or up the front. Generally crew in transit are not entering and exiting only from the cockpit unless they are on duty. There were plenty of spare seats in the cabin.

If they are on duty they aren't meant to be nibbeling from the galley in full view of PAX.

Now I may well be a dumb old retired LAME, with not much idea of what a pilot on duty should be doing up the front, but I reckon no matter how you blow smoke and mirrors up my arse this was just obviously wrong, and the airline condoned it.

If the airline didnt seek to find out who this crew member was and draw attention to the complaint -- as it didn't -- then it's promoting a poor culture of anything goes, and that's the kind of thing that leads to a 130 hour baby crashing an airliner as we have seen.

Now in a coronial inquiry should god forbid this have happened in Australia my letter of complaint would have been evidence.

Think about that before you discount so easily in the future dismiss such a serious complaint or you too could be sitting responsible for a disaster one day if you ever reach management level.