PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 7
Thread: Flybe - 7
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2015, 19:22
BAladdy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cumbrianboy
If they put the KL code on it it may work
I agree it could work if the route was a KL codeshare. However I don't think that will happen. Without it I BE will maybe attract a very small number of O&D pax and it will end up needing to rely on point to point pax if the route is to survive.

KL have already tried to serve LPL and failed. They dropped there 3 x daily F70 service back in March 2012 due to it being unprofitable. KL have a very successful and profitable operation from MAN and they won't do anything to jeopardise that.

Originally Posted by Cyrano
KLM only allow other airlines to codeshare on a maximum of two routes each (it's a long-standing restriction imposed by the Dutch pilots' union). Flybe already has a KL code on SOU-AMS and INV-AMS, if I recall correctly, so if they wanted to put a KL code on LPL-AMS (which would make sense, I agree with you), they'd have to pull the code off INV-AMS.
The chances of KL pulling the codeshare off the INV to replace it with a LPL codeshare are somewhere between slim and none. INV and SOU are both airports that are at least 2 hours drive from the next nearest airport served by KL. Both airports compliment KL's existing network as they don't really compete with any airport already served by KL .