PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Officer IQ Requirements
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2003, 23:39
simon brown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What good is an academic subject that is totally irrelevant to those up front?. Its all about aptitude, the ability to make sound judgements and have a good technical knowledge about their subject, which you aquire during your flight training.Obvoiusly a well rounded education is a must.

Im sorry , but the ability to solve a 3rd order differential equation is of use to the engineers building the aircraft, not those that fly it. Some people I know with good engineering degrees lack common sense and cant even navigate behind the wheel of a car.

I'm sure all those heros flying over the channel shooting down Germans 60 years ago didnt have to be academically gifted, and Chuck Yeager wasnt even a college graduate.

How precisely does one get a career in aviation at the age of say 36 without paying for it?..If you know of a way.If so let me know..

There are many aviators whom havent had a formal qualification, but as long as they pass the required standards set by the CAA etc that is all that matters

From what I gather anyone going into higher education these days has to pay their way. If you pay your way and you are not good enough , you fall by the way side and fail ...simple as that..

O levels as entry requirements yes, but a degree, a somewhat out dated elitist concept