PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would it happen here?
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2015, 01:37
KRUSTY 34

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Where I work the flight Attendant is required to enter the Flight Deck when one of the pilots leave. Our ballistic doors however do not have any sort of access from outside, so that makes perfect sense.

2Plus, try not to get too precious. I think you'll find Biggles 84 was taking a swipe at the disgusting way many Cadetships are administered rather than the Cadets themselves. He also makes a very good point about expectations and reality. I can recall a number of instances during my time in G/A when the reality of this game became more than an aspiring airline pilot could bear. At least 2 of these ended in smoking holes. Fortunately casualties among the innocent were light. I think it's safe to say that everyone who survived the G/A experience and eventually ended up in the RHS of an airliner would by that time had their eyes well and truly opened.

God knows what sort of deprivation and personal anxiety the failed Jetstar/New Zealand, cadet scam would have bestowed on the naïve candidate until the AFAP stepped in. If the been counters had their way, we would have seen A320 F/O's flying the line for less than $50K P/A. If a debt ridden, overworked, underpaid pilot is something that some airline managements feel is acceptable, then maybe they should take a psych test or two.

It may, or it may not feature as a factor in this case, but I reckon it's something worth looking at.

Last edited by KRUSTY 34; 28th Mar 2015 at 01:56.