PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 7
Thread: Flybe - 7
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2015, 23:05
mockingjay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Absolutely. You get a bare bones product. Any extras you pay for a la carte. They may codeshare on a few routes but they're still low cost. They operate a single class cabin, use dynamic pricing, offer no complimentary catering, are moving toward online check in only, charge for a mobile boarding pass, no window shades on the dash which have the most basic cabin fit and max density, fairly homogenous fleet etc etc. Although none of these factors rule any airline in or out as low cost or not the fact that they use several of these factors commonly associated with LCCs then I think it fair to say they are a low cost airline and I certainly find their prices reasonable.

Taken from their own website in their About Us section '2006 - Becomes first low cost airline to offer passenger choice of including Scheduled Airline Failure Insurance protection as part of booking process'.

Their page name on their home page says 'cheap flights and low cost flight tickets'. So I would certainly describe them as a low cost airline.

Last edited by mockingjay; 21st Mar 2015 at 23:20.