PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 7
Thread: Flybe - 7
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2015, 18:02
caaardiff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CWL

(iii) avoid going back on previously declared company policy e.g. the setting up of a 2 aircraft base in Cardiff. I've nothing against Cardiff but this chopping and changing in strategy so soon after the strategy has been declared doesn't really promote confidence. I really can't understand how routes previously pulled when being operated on the lower cost Q400 will make money being operated by a 195.
I'd be very surprised if all of a sudden BE decided that the previously operated routes from CWL were profitable all of a sudden, and then decide to setup a bunch of new routes that mirror BM routes in BRS.
For CWL, competition between BE and WX, and BE and EI is only good news, prices will come down. If EI and WX pull the plug and leave the door open for BE then hopefully BE can make it work, but it would mean the loss of transatlantic connections with EI, something CWL needs.
CWL has been crying out for ORK and FAO to return. WW did very well with FAO during the summer months.
The whole deal doesn't make sense, but throw in the financial power of CWL owners and it may become clearer