PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas and the 787-900
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2015, 09:14
Jetsbest

Received 25 Likes on 4 Posts
I hear ya Crosscutter...

I believe that if efficiencies are to be sought/given, then pilots should consider that such measures will apply to all.

I believe that most L/H pilots are globally competitive in total cost to QF but there are, without doubt, some 'stand-out' aberrations on certain fleets. I've heard from a former pilot manager that QF detests what it now views to be the onerous cost of administering the L/H award; too many staff required to oversee the many 'tweaks' above a basic stick hour pay system; hence the 'simplification' mantra.

Regardless of what used to be 'normal' in QF, many contract components are arguably no longer relevant, or are even absurd, compared to what the bigger competitors have set as a sort of new and undeniable benchmark. I just regret that QF management seem either unwilling or incapable of describing, with real incontrovertible facts, where they want to get to in order to 'move forward' with the pilots.

To me everything, even now with all the urgency, sounds like spin, posturing, scare-mongering and disingenuous contrivance because, evidently, the truth cannot sustain the assertions being inferred.

Sad really.

Last edited by Jetsbest; 22nd Mar 2015 at 21:32.