PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas and the 787-900
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2015, 03:07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capt K, I think you missed the point of my anecdote, it could have been just as relevant if A380 pilot had said to a B767 pilot.

I am not saying we should dismiss the long haul award, I think we should aim for some sensible efficiencies that will help secure the future of mainline and the QF employees.

However, the talk of efficiency for a 787 award appears, reading between the lines, to be focusing on overtime & night credits. Of which not a lot is earned on domestic ops.

I am also fully aware that pilot salaries are relatively insignificant when it comes to profitability of various parts of the business. Much of the forthcoming discussion will be for the purpose of outside perceptions and how management can espouse their transformation program and the efficiencies they have created.

In saying the above, if we lose some hard earned conditions for any new 787 award, I believe they should be somewhat offset by returning some incentive in the form of share rights/executive bonus scheme, in good years as a result.

Just my opinion.