PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas and the 787-900
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2015, 01:59

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst the thought of increased efficiency for the senior crew who may already be on four engined fleets at the expense of income and lifestyle may seem quite unpalatable.

The thoughts of some sort of future for those more junior, who may have needed to move to less appealing regions of the planet on LWOP, or faced a future of stagnation or demotion or worse, makes accepting a deal that may not be as gold plated seem a lot more palatable.

I am not suggesting we throw the baby out with the bath water, however I do believe we need to try a different tactic as the current award has done nothing for career protection for those more junior.

I am reminded of a colleague from the 737 who a couple of years ago, was thanked by an A380 Captain for keeping him comfortable in the lifestyle he had become accustomed to after another result where domestic had kept international afloat.

If those more senior find a more efficient award unpalatable, there are plenty of offshore 'opportunities' available, as experienced recently by many junior QF crew.