PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe (Experienced Pilot Recruitment)
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2015, 10:20
Deano777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Far from it, I was just replying to your juvenile, and quite unobservant comment. He never asked about contracting with Flybe, he asked about direct entry straight onto the ejet in post #1 to which I replied that there is zero chance of this happening.

Twice round the hold

I don't think 3-4 years to command is quite right if you are talking about the 4 bases you wish to settle at. If you realise one of those bases then you can expect around 7-8 years minimum. As cgwhitemonk alluded to you can get a command alot quicker if you were willing to move up North or across to BHD.
Unfortunately hours are pretty much irrelevant, you can join with 10,000 or 100, you'll still go to the bottom of the seniority list and wait your turn. As for time to ejet, well it's hard to say, if you joined the company right now then there's a good chance you could upgrade quite quickly (particularly if rated and current) because there's a very large shortage, however, moves onto the ejet is normally done in seniority order but with the future of the fleet being an unknown quantity I am not sure many have bid to go on it. We are also filling it up with contractors so if you do want to come to us as a contractor then I suggest you get in touch with the relevant authority.

Whatever you decide, all the very best with it, I am sure you'll make the right decision for you.