PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe (Experienced Pilot Recruitment)
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2015, 16:26
cgwhitemonk11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Every chance of a SOU or BHX base, they need pilots in EVERY base. Also if you are in the advantageous position of currently being in work you could simply wait for a course date that will give you your preferred base as they seem to try and spread a course out so most people go to different bases which makes sense for the company. Allegedly a course every month for the next two years so plenty of opportunities, and from what i have heard they are even raising the numbers of candidates per course to speed up the process.

Interview tip: They like people who need less than 3 months notice

The Dash is a handful and lands like a bag of spanners most of the time but its quick enough to keep things interesting... and coming from a GA/small airline background like I do I find it the perfect transition to go onto bigger stuff at a later point when i want a fresh challenge.

In terms of lifestyle it is very much dependent on what base you go for, if you are determined to get on the jet then MAN, BHX or CWL are your only option, if you have a family steer clear of the first two.
Forget about EXT unless you want to wait 10 years for a command
BHD - probably the best for lifestyle due to the airport curfew
SOU - get to do more european stuff than other bases if thats what your into
Not to familiar with GLA/EDI but seems to suit those from up north

Its like any company, there are people here who have been screwed around a lot in the past and quite understandably still harbour deep wounds, others who recognise it as suiting their lifestyle and others who see it as a stepping stone, none of them are wrong.
Best of luck, the interview is as straight forward as it gets, usual HR fluff, should be a breeze for a man/woman of your 'Kal-ibre'...